This Girl Can is back on our screens and billboards with a 4 week campaign launched at the end of January 2017. The BMC is holding a photo-shoot to find some new faces for the This Girl Can Climb campaign.
The This Girl Can Climb photo-shoot will take place at our centre on Sunday 26 February from 12 – 3.30pm. The images will be used on the BMC website, social media, and posters and shared with partners to promote This Girl Can climbing opportunities.
To ensure we fully represent all women we’re looking a diverse group of around 12 women to join the photo-shoot. You can come along as an individual climber, or with your climbing partner. If selected your admission to the climbing centre will be paid for.
What we’re looking for:
- Female climbers of all ages who climb indoors, from age 16 up to age 65
- Female climbers of all abilities from *newer climbers through to more advanced climbers
- Female climbers from different ethnicity groups
- Female climbers with disabilities or impairments
- Female climbers who are comfortable in front of the camera and happy for their photo to be used as part of the campaign.
*All climbers who haven’t climbed at our centre before, or who are newer to climbing must undergo our skills test prior to climbing – this will include practical demos of putting harness on, tying on, belaying, auto belay demo test, and bouldering test.
If you think you could be one of the faces of the This Girl Can Climb campaign please complete the expression of interest form and send it along with a photo of yourself climbing indoors, or outdoors to Joanna@thebmc.co.uk by Thursday 16 February. Joanna will confirm your place by Monday 20 February.
This event is managed by the BMC. For more information on any of the above, please click here.
12pm - 3.30pm
Free (paid for by the BMC)